Want to support RVPC?
There are several ways to financially support RVPC:
1. If you shop at Amazon, use this link to access AmazonSmile, then shop as normal, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of all money you spend to RVPC.
2. If you shop at Kroger, please visit https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards to register your Kroger Plus card with this program, naming RVPC as the beneficiary. Kroger will then donate money to our club based on usage of the associated card.
3. Sponsor a class or division at a Frolic Series show, or the entire series. Here's the form to use: Frolic Series Sponsorship Form.
4. Come volunteer with us at the Virginia Horse Trials! We have club members, family members, and friends volunteering at the Spring and Fall Trials each year. There are many jobs that require no specific expertise, just a willingness to help. When you sign in as a volunteer through RVPC, VHT donates $20 per volunteer per day to us. It's a lot of fun, too!
5. RVPC participates in the Southern States SHOW program. If you use Southern States feeds, including Legends and ProElite brands, save the Proof of Purchase, and give them to Emory (or any RVPC member), so we can turn them into sponsorship money from SSC. For bulk feeds, submit the original customer copy of the delivery receipt.
Thanks so much for your support! Funds go towards paying for instruction for our members.
About Roanoke Valley Pony Club
Roanoke Valley Pony Club is affiliated with United States Pony Clubs and serves the Roanoke and New River valleys of southwest Virginia. We have members who live in Roanoke, Salem, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and surrounding areas. We have most of our mounted meetings at Green Hill Park Equestrian Center in Salem, and our unmounted meetings are held in members' homes or local educational locations. We have unmounted meetings every week or two from January through March, and mounted meetings twice a month on average from April through November (which usually include unmounted lessons as well).
RVPC hosts three fundraising horse shows each year, known as the Fun Frolic Series: the Spring Frolic in April, Summer Frolic in July, and Fall Frolic in September. All shows are held at GHPEC. Because of our club's close ties with GHPEC, we work hard to support the park and help increase membership and facilitate improvements to the park.
Our members attend regional rallies in the disciplines of Quiz, Dressage, Show Jumping, Games, and Eventing, and members of RVPC attend USPC Championships each year as well. Our club focuses most on the English riding disciplines of Dressage, Show Jumping, and Eventing, but we occasionally have clinics in other disciplines.
Pony Club Mission
The United States Pony Clubs, Inc., develops character,
leadership, confidence and a sense of community in youth
through a program that teaches the care of horses and ponies,
riding and mounted sports.
Pony Club Core Values
Horsemanship with respect to healthcare, nutrition, stable management, handling and riding a mount safely, correctly and with confidence
Organized teamwork including cooperation, communication, responsibility, leadership, mentoring, teaching and fostering a supportive yet competitive environment
Respect for the horse and self through horsemanship; for land through land conservation; and for others through service and teamwork
Service by providing an opportunity for members, parents, and others to support the Pony Club program locally, regionally and nationally through volunteerism
Education at an individual pace to achieve personal goals and expand knowledge through teaching others